• WHERE IS THE CLOTHING DONATED FROM?

    Approximately 40% of our clothing is brand new and comes from a range of luxury brands and high street retailers such as Hobbs, John Lewis and Evans. We also receive make-up from Bobbi Brown. The other 60% is donated by individuals, companies and various other organisations that run clothing drives for us. All our clothing donations are carefully sorted and steamed before being hung in our dressing room.

  • WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?

    Smart Works supports unemployed women, from the age of 16 upwards with no upper age limit. Women who are looking for work or who have a scheduled job interview lined up for paid employment or an apprenticeship.

  • CAN I CALL TO REFER MYSELF?

    No, appointments at Smart Works are by referral only. Each local Smart Works works with a large range of referral partners who support women back into work. If you are unsure please call and we will be able to advise you.

  • DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING WITH ME TO MY APPOINTMENT?

    If you have an item such as shoes or a jacket that you’d like to wear to your interview you can bring this and our stylists can work around the garment to find the rest of your outfit. For your interview coaching session it’s very helpful if you have the job description for the role you are interviewing for and your CV.

  • CAN I COME TO SMART WORKS TO PREPARE FOR EVERY INTERVIEW?

    No, the Smart Works service is a one off service to prepare you for your interview. If your last visit to Smart Works was more than two years ago do call and we will be happy to discuss this with you.

  • WHAT DO I DO IF I CAN’T TRAVEL TO A SMART WORKS CENTRE?

    Our service is available to women across the UK, regardless of their distance from a Smart Works centre. All our coaching can be done over the phone or via video call by the same trained volunteers who come to our centres, and parcels of workwear can be posted to your home address.

  • WHAT IS THE ADDRESS OF SMART WORKS GREATER MANCHESTER?

    Smart Works Greater Manchester
    2nd Floor
    65 – 81 Petersgate
    Stockport
    SK1 1DS

  • WHEN CAN I DROP OFF CLOTHING DONATIONS?

    Give us a call to arrange a clothing donation drop off on 0161 974 0669. Smart Works Greater Manchester is open Monday to Friday 9:30 – 4pm. We are also in the same building as the Edward Mellor Estate Agents and they accept donations on our behalf on a Saturday 9am – 1pm.

  • HOW DO I BOOK IN FOR A SECOND DRESSING APPOINTMENT?

    Clients who have received our dressing service in preparation for their job interview are offered a Second Dressing voucher. This Second Dressing takes place when the client has received a job offer within six months of visiting Smart Works. To book in for your Second Dressing simply call 0161 974 0669 or email us. Please bring proof of your employment to your Second Dressing.

  • HOW CAN MY ORGANISATION BE INVOLVED WITH SMART WORKS?

    Many organisations run a clothing drive on behalf of Smart Works, which is an easy and fun way to secure a large number of clothing donations and ensure that great quality clothing is put to the best possible use. We are also happy to come and speak at clothing drive events, to bring to life the impact that your support has on the women who come to Smart Works.

    Or alternatively your organisation may be interested in partaking in our Annual fundraiser or a CSR volunteering day – please contact us via email to discuss.

If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, don’t worry, give the team a call on 0161 974 0669 and we will be able to help you.