Location: Greater Manchester
Date: February 18, 2020
We kicked started 2020 with a fantastic event, Inspiring Tales. Hosted by Bworks at Virgin Money Manchester, we welcomed new and regular supporters of Smart Works for an evening of fashion and inspiration.
A previous client joined us at the event to share her journey and experience at Smart Works. Sandra was made redundant at the end of last year and following an appointment with Smart Works, went on to get a new job!
We were thrilled to have Smart Works GM Ambassador Michelle Ackerley host the panel discussions. Topics covered by the panel on the evening were focused on overcoming challenges, supporting other women and local communities.
Huge thank you to our guests for providing insight and encouraging personal growth;
- Michelle Ackerley – Renowned Journalist and TV Presenter
- Caroline Roberts-Cherry – BAFTA Award Winning TV Producer
- Alison Loveday – Law Firm Partner & Pro Manchester Chair of Science and Tech
- Debbie Cannon – Award Winning Insurance Leader & LGBTQI+ activist
- Fay Selvan – CEO Big Life Group & Chair of Jigsaw Housing Trust
- Rose Marley – CEO Sharp Futures & Social Enterprise Advisor to Andy Burnham
Throughout the evening our guests could shop an exclusive designer fashion sale and enter our raffle to be in with the chance to win some fantastic prizes.
The sale was a huge success and many picked up some fantastic bargains!
Thank you to all our guests and panelists, your support means Smart Works can continue to provide its service to more unemployed women across Greater Manchester throughout 2020.